How to Protect your Business and Bottom line
Why Choose this Training Course?
This highly interactive course is about building and improving resilience in your organisation; it’s about identifying your key products and services and the most urgent activities that underpin them and then, once that ‘analysis’ is complete, it is about devising plans and strategies that will enable you to continue your business operations and enable you to recover quickly and effectively from any type disruption whatever its size or cause. It gives you a solid framework to utilise in times of crisis and provides stability and security (Business Continuity Institute).
In fact, embedding BCM & DR into your organisation is proven to bring additional benefits to you and your business. The key to a swift recovery is time; the organisation which recovers in the shortest possible time will mitigate its losses to the optimum.
This Course will Feature:
- All ten stages of the BCM Life Cycle using ISO22301
- Proven techniques to assess and reduce risk and impact
- How to construct and maintain effective BCM and DR plans
- International best practice of BCM and DR
- Explanation of the 24 international standards on IT Security
- Preparation for the Certificate of the BCI examination
By the end of this Course, participants will be able to:
- Develop threat & vulnerability assessments (Business Impact Analysis)
- Identify and select cost-effective strategies for critical functions
- Solid understanding of BCM & IT DR “Best Practices & Principles”
- Design exercises to coordinate Crisis Management with DR
- Understand how to maintain support & commitment for the programme
Who is this Training Course for?
This course is designed for all levels of management and business unit staff who are involved in or have been given the responsibility of business continuity planning, disaster recovery and emergency response functions. This course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Business Continuity Professionals
- Emergency Response & Crisis Management Team Members
- Security Professionals
- Operation & Control Room Managers
- Those responsible for effective administration and preparedness
- IT and telecommunication managers
- Internal and external auditors
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes a comprehensive manual and USB stick containing all course text, hand-outs, slides and case studies for each delegate.
The course content covers all 10 stages of the BCM Life Cycle, utilising lively discussion, case studies, relevant DVD material and group exercises. It is a practical, ‘lessons learned’ event which trains participants in “best practices” as well as “best principles” for BCM.