Civil Engineering deals with the design and construction of the artefacts of civil use. This training programme is designed for non-civil engineers aspiring to work in construction and civil engineering industry. The training programme will help non-civil engineers to develop a career in the professional side of the civil or construction industry by providing technical, organisational and problem solving skills in line with industry standards. They will be able to determine the economic feasibility of a project and make cost estimates for materials and equipment to be used in the entire project.
Participants will develop the following competencies:
- Familiarity with general terminology and standards used in civil and construction engineering industry
- Understanding of sustainability and environmental precautions as applied to civil engineering
- Ability to put in place measures to quantify progress and condition of projects
- Appreciation of planning, scheduling and resources control techniques
- Identification and decisions on cost analysis for civil engineers
Who Should Attend?
- Professionals and leaders who wish to learn more about construction and civil engineering projects
- Engineers and technicians associated and/or wish to establish careers in construction and civil engineering organisations
- Personnel moving into construction and civil engineering roles including leadership, technical and project management roles
- Building control surveyors, consulting engineers, geologists and infrastructure project engineers
- Familiarise with different types of projects in construction and civil engineering
- Understand the principles of construction and project management techniques
- Understand advanced monitoring and measurement technologies
- Appreciate sustainable and environmental consequences of civil engineering and construction projects
The training programme will be conducted along workshop principles with formal lectures, case studies and interactive worked examples. Relevant case studies will be provided to illustrate the application of each tool in an operations environment. Each learning point will be re-enforced with practical exercises. There will be ample opportunities for discussion and sharing experiences.
Technical knowledge is a key to effective control and peer respect within any civil engineering and construction organisation; when this is achieved personal satisfaction follows. This training programme will give delegates the required level of technical knowledge and skill to achieve that personal satisfaction. Optimum project management, planning and resources control techniques, in addition to environmental issues, are vital to the success of construction and civil engineering organisations. On completion of this training programme delegates will be able to critically analyse the methodologies employed within the organisation and instigate improvements where required.