Why Study Generic Management?
Effective management is the cornerstone of any thriving business. People get promoted into managerial positions because they excel at what they do, but often have not received adequate training in the principles of management.
This programme helps to provide existing or prospective new managers with critical managerial skills that lead to improved personal and business performance. It has also been developed to enable managers or prospective managers to access higher education and provide flexible access to life-long learning.
- Junior managers of small organisations.
- Junior managers of business units in medium and large organisations or those aspiring to these positions including team leaders, supervisors, foremen and section heads.
By the end of the qualification, learners will be competent in a range of knowledge, skills, attitudes and values including:
- Gathering and analysing information.
- Analysing events that impact on a business and its competitive environment.
- Complying with organisational standards.
- Motivating an individual or team.
- Negotiating in a work situation.
- Understanding the role of business strategy as it applies to junior management.
- Managing the budget within a specific area of responsibility.
- Applying management principles and practices within a specific area of responsibility.
- Managing work unit performance to achieve goals.
- Behaving ethically and promoting ethical behaviour in a work situation.
National Certificate: Generic ManagementNQF Level 5Who should study this course?This Generic Management NQF Level 5 qualification is intended for:
- Programme ID: 57712
- Number of credits: 150
- Mid-level to senior managers of small organisations.
- Mid-level to senior managers of business units in medium and large organisations who wish to develop their skillset further.Demonstrating understanding of the consequences in a work unit of HIV/AIDS.
By the end of the qualification learners will be competent in a range of knowledge, skills, attitudes and values including:
- Analysing the current and future state against best practices.
- Create and implement operational plans.
- Create and design processes.
- Review performance management systems.
- Improve the performance of teams
- Understand management and leadership theories.
- Set up coaching systems.
- Select and recruit staff.
- Manage conflict successfully.
- Communicate effectively within a diverse environment.
- Prepare, implement and control a budget.
- Understand financial reports.
- Apply mathematical analytical tools and financial data.
- Programme ID: 59201
- Number of credits: 162