Why Choose this Training Course?
Information is the lifeblood to all organisations, without with it would be severally impacted and ultimately cease to function. Information is knowledge and knowledge is power. With an ever changing climate of technology and threats (both technical and human), the need for trained security personnel to protect our information becomes increasingly critical evolutionary task.
Information is at risk from many sources, legal, electronic, physical, internal and external to mention a few. It is paramount that security and related management personnel have an understanding of the risks, controls and countermeasures that are available to secure information and technology within an effective management framework. Furthermore utilising countermeasures, best practice and management techniques will mitigate electronic and physical risks and enhance protection to an organisation.
On successful completion of the seminar, delegates will be able to have:
- Knowledge of the concepts relating to information security management (confidentiality, integrity, availability, vulnerability, threats, risks, counter measures, etc).
- Understanding of current legislation and regulations which impact upon information security management.
- Awareness of current national and international standards such as ISO 27002, frameworks and organisations which facilitate the management of information security.
- Understanding of the current business and common technical environments in which information security management has to operate.
- Knowledge of the categorisation, operation and effectiveness of controls of different types and characteristics.
Who is this Training Course for?
The seminar has been designed for individuals responsible for Risk Management, IT Security and IT Security Auditing, Technical IT Management and those with involvement of systems integration and corporate IT development. Financial controllers with a technical interest may also benefit from the seminar.
How will this Training be Presented?
Participants will gain detailed knowledge by active participation in seminars, group discussions and real life case studies.
Delivery will be by presentation, group syndicate investigations, training DVD and interactive seminars.