This is an introductory qualification.
Why study IT Technical Support NQF Level 4?
Organisations increasingly rely on computer systems in all areas of their operations and decision-making processes. IT Technical support staff therefore play a crucial role in ensuring the correct running and maintenance of IT systems.
IT technical support officers monitor and maintain the computer systems and networks of an organisation. They may install and configure computer systems, diagnose hardware and software faults and solve technical and applications problems.
Who should study this course?
Anyone wanting to be a qualified as an entry-level Technical Support professional with a good fundamental knowledge of the Information Technology field should study this course.
Careers available for IT Support include:
- IT Technician
- Network Technician
- Server Administrator
- Data Centre Administrator
- Help Desk Support
At the end of this IT Technical Support NQF Level 4 qualification a learner will be able to:
- Communicate knowledgeably with IT staff & users of information systems.
- Demonstrate an understanding of different types of computer systems and the use of computer technology in business.
- Demonstrate problem solving abilities within the technical environment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of Computer Technology Principles.
- Select and use equipment used in computing and networking environments.
- Work effectively as a team member within a support team.
- Carry out, under supervision, one or more of the following skills:
- Hardware and Infrastructure Support for Personal Computers
- Hardware and Infrastructure Support for Office Products
- Data Communications and Network Support
- Programme ID: 78964
- Number of credits: 160